25.11.13

Review: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Published November 2nd, 2013
Spencer Hill Press
360 pages (Paperback)

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself. (From Goodreads)


My love of this series is no secret.  I love the Covenant books.  The journey has been a roller coaster of emotions.  One minute you're swooning, then in action-overload, then curled up and crying...

If you're new to the game, I loved Half-Blood, Pure, Deity, Elixir, and Apollyon.

Sentinel is a fantastic conclusion.  It definitely did not go in the way I had expected or really hoped, but this was so much better.  I was engaged from the first page, and finished the book in under 5 hours.  The story is just that good.  I think the influence of Greek mythology is what keeps it so engaging and appealing.  Greek myths have the same qualities.  Add that with JLA's great storytelling.  Seriously, I just want to sit in her mind for a few minutes because her writing appeals to me so much.

If you've made it this far in the series, you likely love the characters.  Alex is still a badass.  Aiden is still perfect.  Seth actually had my mind racing in crazy directions.  I don't hate him anymore.  That's all I'll say about that.  Then characters start dying and you're just reeling and trying to tell yourself it's okay.  But it isn't.  What you just read cannot be undone.  I might need counselling.

Sentinel was a great conclusion to a great series.  It's that simple.  I would recommend the Covenant books to anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!