16.1.14

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Published November 26th, 2013
HarlequinTeen
474 pages (Hardcover)

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other. (From Goodreads)


Geez, why do you do this to me Katie McGarry?

I like the cars.  Cars are sexy.  I know shit all about cars, but I like to drive fast and have spent a lot of time at the race track.  That's my way of saying that I liked how the book revolved around cars.  The addition of illegal activity and crime made the book.  I was reading the books and felt the adrenaline.  And then wanted to go see how fast I could make my '05 Pontiac Sunfire go down a back road (note that I didn't actually do this, but seriously considered it).  To go along with the cars, the writing was just hot, like always.  Be ready to fan yourself a wee bit.

When I heard this book would be about Isaiah, I was really excited.  I've wanted his story since Pushing The Limits, and I'm glad he didn't end up with Beth.  He is a far more complex character than past books suggested.  His interaction with Beth was well done.  His relationship with Rachel was a little bit too insta-love for my tastes, but the progression through the book was well done.  Rachel was a nice addition to the series.  Her internal struggle was great to follow.  My one issue was her family, which seemed unrealistically crazy.  The fact that no one noticed her health issues also threw me off.  I did really like her character, but not as much as I like Abby.  She needs her own book ASAP!

I loved Crash Into You.  It is a great addition to anyone's shelf, and I can't wait for the next book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!