12.5.12

Book Review: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Check it out on GoodReads here !

Okay... uhm... wow!  Let me start by saying that I am a long-time fan of Cassandra Clare.  I think I start the Mortal Instruments series just after City of Ashes (Book Two) was released.  She just has a way with words that sucks you straight into her world and refuses to let you loose.


City of Lost Souls was no different.  I once again found myself trapped in her book.  My mom kept making fun of my facial expressions as I was reading.  Sorry, couldn't help it.  I'm a sucker for witty characters, and there is no shortage of those here!  
"I noticed the Fair Folk often say "perhaps" when there is a truth they want to hide," Clary said.  "It keeps you from having to give a straight answer." 
"Perhaps so," said the Queen with an amused smile."'Mayhap' is a good word too," Alec suggested."Also 'perchance,'" Izzy said."I see nothing wrong with 'maybe,'" said Simon.  "A little modern, but the gist of the idea comes across."  (page 35)
Whenever someone says to me, "Hey, Sam, can you recommend me a good book?", I send them straight to the Mortal Instruments, which has everything you could want in a YA novel.  Romance, mystery, humour, vampires, faeries, werewolves, warlocks, demons and angels, this list goes on and on.  Yet Cassandra Clare makes it all balance out and work perfectly!


So if you're looking at this blog, and have yet to read this series, what are you waiting for?!  I promise, you'll love it!


Much love, Samantha
PS.  I don't think this is too spoiler-y, but I have to let my theory be know... I am convinced that Brother Zachariah is Will, not Jem like most of Tumblr seems to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!