13.5.12

Book Review: Covet by J.R. Ward

Check it out on GoodReads here !

I always like when authors have two (or more) series of novels, set in a similar world.  I really like making the little interconnections between the stories.  A good example of this is Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices.  If you've read bot sets, you get the little things.  J.R. Ward does that here, in the first of her Fallen Angels novels.  As a HUGE fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood novels, I was purposefully looking for those links (Red Sox Cap).

But that was about the only thing I enjoyed about this book.

I understand that Ward was trying to set up her new series and such, but this book was ridiculously slow.  Seriously, I had to force my way through it.  None of the characters intrigued me and the plot was slow and kind of confusing at times.

This book came off a recommendation from my Mom, and when I complained to her, she told me to read the next one, Crave, anyway.  Apparently they get better now that the basics have been covered.

So, reluctantly, I will read the next one.  Expect a review in the near future.

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!