11.4.13

Book Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Published March 19th, 2013
Margaret K. McElderry Books
568 pages (Hardcover)
Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy? 
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. 
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her. (From Goodreads)
Did I enjoy this book?  Yes.
Was it my favourite in the series? No.

I am a huge fan of this series, and have been anxiously awaiting this book since the moment I finished Clockwork Prince.  I did really enjoy it.  It provided the closure that the series needed, and tied up nearly every loose end.  I'm really not sure what else to say, other than that it is a great series.

The love triangle was my only complaint.  It was going so well, but I felt a little cheated at the end, as if the easy route was taken.  This is hard to explain without spoiling everything.  If you've read this book, let me know how you felt

Ultimately, this remains one of my favourite series, and is sure to be read again and again.  Thank you, Cassandra Clare, for your amazing story telling.

Much love, Samantha 

1 comment:

  1. i'm curious to know - how does this series compare to the mortal instruments series? Because I liked them - well I liked the story - but not so much the writing style. I only read the first three because I felt that after the third she was just pushing the story unnecessarily when number 3 had wrapped the story nicely.

    BUT I was curious about this series, so i'm wondering which one you liked more....?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!