10.4.13

Coffee Talk: From the Bottom of my Little Hole

Guys!  I came back to you all!  *giant virtual bear hug*


Selfies > Studying
The past couple months are ones that I would like to forget.  It's been a rough patch, but there is a tiny glittering light up ahead that seems to be growing closer each day.  It's not a bright white light.  It's kind of dim, but it's there, and it represents that, in about a week and a half, I am moving back in with my parents...

More on this in the future, but it's sort of a win-lose situation that I am trying to take in the best way possible.

But onto the book-related stuff.

I've been in a rut.  Nothing I've been picking up has been appealing to me, and the books that I did get into were disappointing me.  Then I reached a point where none of this mattered, because there was no time to read anyways.  In the few moments that I had the time to sit down and write a review, it felt like a losing battle.  The words weren't coming together and were sounding excessively negative.

I'm still on exams right now, but my hardest one is finished and I only have two left, with ample time in between.  I'm going to try to get back into regular blogging over the next couple weeks.  I'm also taking this time to decide on what direction I want this blog to go in.  I may re-vamp it a little.  I may add some new content, change stuff up, I don't know yet.  I'm also going to get myself out of this rut, one way or another.  Send me some titles that y'all have been loving.  Send me advice, anything really.

Now, to see what the blog-o-sphere has been up to in my absence.

Much love, Samantha

1 comment:

  1. I hope your exams are going well and that they're over quickly so you can breathe a giant sigh of relief! When I was in university, I actually found reading for pleasure SO difficult because of all the reading for school I had to do. I found that as soon as I cracked open a book, I'd be dozing off about 5-10 minutes in. Call it classical conditioning and blame it on university texts. O_o

    I know what you mean about struggling with reading lately, though. I haven't been as wowed as I'd like to be with all of the books I'm picking up these days. They aren't bad, but they just aren't unputdownable. Best of luck with the rest of your exams, Samantha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!