|Yesterday's book haul!|
Where has 2012 gone!
This year I've really gotten back into reading, after a horrendous fall 2011 at school. I feel like part of that is because I wasn't reading as much as I would have liked to.
Armchair BEA is an opportunity for those of us that aren't fortunate enough to be at BEA to connect with one another, and have a little fun of our own, all from the comfort of our favourite chair!
According to GoodReads, I have read 40 books so far this year, which seems kind of crazy to me! So I have sorted through those 40, and chosen the top five books I have read in 2012!
- Darker After Midnight by Lara Adrian: Did I say Deeper than Midnight in yesterday's post? Okay, they're all fantastic. But what an ending! I'm so excited for the next instalment in this series!
- Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward: I love Tohr, so this book was just a beauty. And another amazing ending!
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris: For a book that just kept getting weirder and weirder, it was an amazing change from everything else coming out recently.
- The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa: Any of the Iron Fey series could have made this list. I read this whole series around the same time as my midterms. I couldn't help myself. They were way to good to allow anything close to studying.
- Black Dawn by Rachel Caine: I hope Rachel Caine writes 300 more books in this series. They never seem to get old.
Honourable mentions go out to Insurgent by Veronica Roth, City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare, and If I Die by Rachel Vincent. I have a strong feeling that Richelle Mead's The Golden Lily will likely belong on here as soon as I finish it.
Much love, Samantha