Living in farm country, I don't go to the beach very often. Yes, I am sad about this too. There are none that close to me. So, I'm not 100% sure what exactly constitutes a "beach read". When I went last summer, I think I was reading one of the Black Dagger Brotherhood novels...
So, naturally, I googled it. This is a definition I found in About.com's Bestsellers section:
"A good beach book is engaging and a quick enough read that you can finish most of it before your sunscreen wears off. Beach reading isn't necessarily literature, but it will entertain."Engaging. Quick. Entertaining. Okay, here are my top beach reads!
- Any of the Private Series by Kate Brian
- Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski (click here for my review!)
- Stuff White People Like by Christian Lander
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (note: I haven't actually read this yet, but if I were leaving for the beach right no, it is the book I would grab.)
- Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
- Wake by Lisa McMann
- Memoirs of a Monster Hunter by Josh Gates
As much as I love the beach, it's sort of a special occasion in my life. Leave me a comment below with your favourite beach read, so I can be prepared for when I force myself to go more often this summer!
Much love, Samantha