1.6.12

Book Review: Crave by J.R. Ward

Published October 5th, 2010 by Signet
454 pages (Mass Market Paperback)

Seven deadly sins. Seven souls that must be saved. One more no-holds- barred battle between a fallen angel with a hardened heart and a demon with everything to lose. 
Isaac Rothe is a black ops soldier with a dark past and a grim future. The target of an assassin, he finds himself behind bars, his fate in the hands of his gorgeous public defender Grier Childe. His hot attraction to her can only lead to trouble-and that's before Jim Heron tells him his soul is in danger. Caught up in a wicked game with the demon who shadows Jim, Isaac must decide whether the soldier in him can believe that true love is the ultimate weapon against evil. (From GoodReads)


This is the sequel to Covet, which you can see my review of here.  I trusted my Mom, and took a chance on the second book.  Let's not tell her, but she was right.


Crave is much more like the J.R. Ward I adore.  I think that, since the storyline was set up from Covet, it was much easier to get into and enjoy.  The book remains focused on Jim, making the actual romance almost secondary.  And Isaac and Grier were so much more interesting of a pair.  This may or may not have to do with Isaac being involved with an elite secret military group (I have a weakness...).

That being said, the middle of the book got really friggin' slow and I got a little bored.  The ending had a couple of good twists, but it felt like forever getting there.  

I have a copy of the next book in the series sitting beside me, but I'd be lying if I said I was in a rush to pick it up.  Sorry.

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!