8.3.13

Book Review: Supernaturally by Keirsten White

Published July 26th, 2011
HarperTeen
368 pages (Paperback)
Evie finally has the normal life she's always longed for, but she's shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. So when she's given the opportunity to work for the International Paranormal Containment Agency again, she leaps at the chance.

But then Evie's faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears, and tells her that a battle is brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole paranormal world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself. (From Goodreads)
This series is a love-hate thing for me.  I enjoy the story and characters (to an extent), but the writing needs some work.

While the characters are interesting, Evie is one of the most annoying fictional characters I have ever read about.  Her personality is so obnoxiously girly that I simply cannot relate to her.  None of the other characters bother me at quite this level.

My biggest complaint is the speed of events in the book.  It seems as if any scenes with significance or action are rushed.  Similar to Paranormalcy (click here for my review), I found myself having to read chunks over and over in order to grasp what was going on.  Even with my re-reading, I still found myself confused several times.

I still liked Keirsten White's light, sarcastic writing.  This book doesn't take itself too seriously, and, if it weren't so confusing, would be a very easy read.  I also wanted to mention the chapter titles, which are adorable and fun.

Endlessly, the conclusion to this trilogy was released during the summer, and I do intend to read it (albeit, mostly for Lend).

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!