23.12.12

Book Review: Crash by Nicole Williams

Published July 19th, 2012
Self-Published
215 pages (eBook)
Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now. 

Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of. 

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.  (From Goodreads)
I've said it before, but I did ballet for 11 years, and still love dance.  Hence, this cover instantly drew me in.  It's hard to find a good book around dance.  Unfortunately, there isn't a ton of dance in Crash.  Good thing this book is great without!

The characters in Crash are great.  Lucy and I have very little in common, but her love for dance created an instant connection for me.  There is a scene where she rushes to the studio and just dances to let her emotions go.  This is something I have done on several occasions, so I was able to relate with her passion.

Then there is Jude.  Oh, Jude...  The way he sees himself broke my heart several times.  It's so painful to see him beat himself down constantly, when you know he is destined for better things.  I loved the way Nicole Williams developed his character.  You can't help but root for him.

The story was actually more complex than I expected.  Nicole Williams managed to weave in many events and plot twists that I did not see coming.  I'm not going to give anything away, but you won't want to put Crash down.  That being said, there are a couple of slow chunks that I had to push through, but was always rewarded with something good!

Overall, I really loved Crash.  With an enticing romance and strong story line, this book didn't need large amounts of dance to keep me happy.  I fully recommend it, and can assure you that I purchased Clash as soon as I finished it!

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!