16.12.12

Coffee Talk: Lessons of 2012

2012 has proven to be a challenging year for me,
and I've had to do some serious "growing up".
I wanted to share a couple of quotes with you guys that really summarize a couple of the lessons I will be taking from this year.
Don't stop walking just because the path is unclear.
If anyone knows who that is by, please let me know.  It just came to me one day at the end of November, but I'm pretty sure I had heard it somewhere before.  

2012 forced me to make some decisions about my future, which sucks when you're as indecisive as I am.  I actually hate making decisions.  A big one was whether or not to continue with school.  The nursing placements I was having were doing nothing for me, except show me what I didn't want to do with my life, and I began looking into alternative.  By April, I decided to stick with it (I was halfway done my degree at this point, but when I left for school again, I wasn't sure I had made the right choice.

My path in life was fading into the wilderness around me, but I had to keep walking.  I had no idea that I would love my next placement.  Life isn't meant to be crystal clear.  Where is the fun it that?  Just keep following you heart, and the path will reappear eventually.
"Let my genes unravel, my hinges come loose.  If my fate rests in the hands of a madman, let death come and bring it's worst." - From Fever by Lauren deStefano
While Fever was not my favourite book ever,  this passage stuck with me.  To me, it says to live for yourself, and to follow your own heart.  Take input from others, but don't rely on anyone to decide you fate.  The choice is yours.  When I was debating dropping out of school, I kept asking everyone else what they thought, but would not acknowledge my own feelings.  Basically, I'm saying to be true to yourself.
"To die would be an awfully big adventure." - J.M. Barrie
I've never lost anyone that was very close to me, but I have seen a lot of death over the past year.  Life is short, so live a little.  We never know when the journey may come to an end, so let's enjoy it.

Much love, Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!