30.12.12

Book Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Published May 25th, 2012
CreateSpace
316 pages (Paperback)
A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy. (From Goodreads)
I loved this book.  I swooned and weeped and enjoyed every single moment of it.

This was not an insta-love, and I think that's what I loved best.  After the first chapter, I had a twinge of panic, but the relationship between Jacqueline and Lucas felt very real.  Their love grew over the story, and the ending made my heart flutter a little bit.  I felt an emotional connection to the pair throughout.

The ending was perfect.  Seriously, I would read it all over again, just to feel everything conclude in that last sentence again.  This is one of the few times I will say that I do not want a sequel.  That ending was just right.

Easy does have mature content, so if you are young, I don't suggest it.  However, I recommend it to anyone curious about this New Adult craze.  Scratch that, everyone should read it anyways.

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!