30.10.12

Top Ten Tuesday: Kick-Ass Ladies

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

This week, the topic is...
Top Ten Kick-Ass Heronies

Guys, this topic was made for me.  Y'all know that I love my female protagonists to be badass.  Sometimes I can be a little overcritical of female leads and how hardcore they are.  This list was actually difficult to write, which I didn't expect.  Apparently I have really high standards...
  1. Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead): Kind of my gold standard when it comes to kick-assed-ness.  
  2. Isabelle Lightwood (City of Bone by Cassandra Clare): Let's just say I wouldn't challange her to a fight, and she would most likely be wearing heels during it.
  3. Renata (Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian): She actually gets to fight with the boys, in a series dominated by alpha males.
  4. Ismae Rienne (Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers):  She's an assassin, which in itself is pretty badass, and she does it in a dress!
  5. Vienne (Black Hole Sun by David MacInnis Gill): Stubborn, aggressive, and can handle a gun.  I approve.
  6. Saba (Blood Red Road by Moira Young): She's called "The Angel of Death" for a reason.
  7. Tris (Divergent by Veronica Roth): I wasn't going to include her, but she can handle a gun, so...
  8. Alex (Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout): Like Rose, but not Rose.  Still, pretty badass.
  9. Abby (Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire): Only because she can handle her tequila, and I cannot.
  10. Anna (Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake): I may have hated the book, but Anna can rip people apart.  That counts.
So, did I miss anyone?  Let me know in the comments!

Much love, Samantha

3 comments:

  1. Ismae and Saba FTW! Such a good list, Samantha. I just started reading ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD and am really enjoying it so far. I haven't met Anna yet, though, so this just makes it more exciting. Also, how weird is it that it takes place in Thunder Bay?! I grew up in Sault Ste. Marie. Too, too weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many books on here that I want to read! In fact the only one I've read is Divergent - obviously I need to get cracking! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROSE you are very much right on that one, but don't forget Dru in Strange Angels. You and I love that series and she is the ultimate badass.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!