2.10.12

Top Ten Tuesday: "Old" Books To Remember


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

This week, the topic is...
Top Ten Older Books You Don't Want People To Forget About

Okay, this feels like it's going to be a tricky list, especially since I just finished a paper and two online quizzes.  My brain is fried, guys.  I'll start by defining older.  Basically, to keep this simple, "older" will be any book published before January 1st, 2012.  It's easy to forget about things when you don't constantly see them, so here are some "old" books that I recommend!
  1. The Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs: This is neither YA nor fiction, but 100% awesome.
  2. Stuff White People Like by Christian Lander: Same as above, so read it for a good laugh!
  3. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting: I may write a late review for this book (I read it way back in January), because I simply love it! 
  4. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins: Flawless.  That is all.
  5. The Otherkin Series by Eve Silver:  Pick any of them.  I think Sins of the Heart (book one) was my favourite.
  6. Bonded by Blood by Laurie London: Not only is Dom incredibly sexy, but the story is awesome.
  7. Memoirs of A Monster Hunter by Josh Gates: ...is likely one of my favourite books ever.  Josh Gates is kind of my idol.
  8. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward: Ain't a Reading-AndCoffee list without me telling you to go read the Blackdagger Brotherhood novels.
  9. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: This book likely isn't going anywhere soon, but I'm including it anyways.
Yes, that is only nine, but it's all I can come up with right now.  Brain.  Fried.

Much love, Samantha

2 comments:

  1. I love Alcott, too! The entire Little Women series was great, I really liked Jo's Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read The Pledge but I've heard a lot about it. Maybe I'll get a chance to read it over the break!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!