10.10.12

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Black City


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!

This week I am excited for...
A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war. 
In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong. 
When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths. (From Goodreads)
It seems to be a trend, here on Reading-AndCoffee, that my "Waiting On" Wednesday picks are books that many bloggers have already read.  I'm trying to avoid reviews of Black City right now, but what I have read is encouraging.

One, this cover is ah-may-zing!  It's gorgeous, and instantly grabs your attention.  It really reminded me of the Divergent cover, at first.  Two, the movie rights were sold this week.  I'll hold my opinion on this until I've read the book.  Three, it just sounds great, like a post-apocalyptic Romeo and Juliet story.  Y'all know I love action in books, and I'm not going to complain about a human-vampire war  Black City is set for release on November 13th, 2012, and I'm getting anxious to give it a read!

If you have been lucky enough to read Black City, what did you think?  If not, are you as excited as I am?

Much love, Samantha

10 comments:

  1. This book is fantastic!!! I read it awhile ago and I LOVED it!!! Great pick, you'll love it when you read it too :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I added this one to my TBR list on Goodreads recently because it sounded so interesting. I love me some good dystopian or post-apocalyptic. I really hope they keep on coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read Black City either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds! Score. I am a little concerned about what I've heard referred to as "insta-love" but I still wanna read...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the second cover was released the other day!!

    stop by my post?! I got lucky and was able to review my WOW pick!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I have read the sample of this book in Breathless Reads and am really keen to find out what happens next, am looking forward to it's release as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this one. It's on my TBR list!

    New follower! Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been so long since I added this book to my to-read list that I kind of lost interest. I'll definitely read it but the excitement died down.. Great pick, though. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Squee! I NEED to read this, I can't wait until I get my hands on it. You're right too, there have been a crazy amount of reviews of ARCs, at least they have pretty much all been positive! Thanks for sharing, great pick! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!