18.12.13

"Waiting On" Roomies

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!


It's time to meet your new roomie.

When East Coast native Elizabeth receives her freshman-year roommate assignment, she shoots off an e-mail to coordinate the basics: television, microwave, mini-fridge. That first note to San Franciscan Lauren sparks a series of e-mails that alters the landscape of each girl's summer -- and raises questions about how two girls who are so different will ever share a dorm room.

As the countdown to college begins, life at home becomes increasingly complex. With family relationships and childhood friendships strained by change, it suddenly seems that the only people Elizabeth and Lauren can rely on are the complicated new boys in their lives . . . and each other. Even though they've never met.

National Book Award finalist Sara Zarr and acclaimed author Tara Altebrando join forces for a novel about growing up, leaving home, and getting that one fateful e-mail that assigns your college roommate.  (From Goodreads)


I have a very specific reason why I am excited for this book.  In the new year, I will be entering y last semester of University, and have to move for four months.  I am renting a room in a two-bedroom apartment, which means new roommate.  I literally know nothing about her.  Different life stages, but I'm really excited to give Roomies a read!  Get ready, because Roomies is out December 24th, 2013!  So, get ready and curl up under the Christmas lights.  That's where I'll be!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one, and hope you do to. I think you will since your own situation mirrors it so closely! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this couldn't be any more appropriate for you right now, hope everything goes well. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one too. I have it on request from the library so I hope to read it as soon as it gets in. I'll share it with my daughter, who'll be starting college in the fall. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!