31.12.13

December Recap!

Let's start with a quickie recap of 2013.  Overall, not my greatest reading year, but it wasn't awful.  I read a lot of great books, but also dealt with several looonnng ruts where nothing appealed to me!
Back to December.  I love December.  I think it's the holiday spirit that's in the air.  I wish people were like this all year round.  Imagine a world with this much magic and spirit and love.  I would like to live there.  December also offers a time to reflect and look ahead to a new year.  2014 is going to be a big year for me, and I cannot wait for it to get here!
I took this photo after the ice storm that hit us here in Southern Ontario.  No joke, I was carving three inches of solid ice off of my car, which was conveniently located underneath a tree threatening to break apart.  I should also mention how close those branches were to my neighbor's's power lines.  We were lucky in my neck of the woods, and my power was only out for about 4 hours, with a couple of flickers here and there.  Some people were without power for over a week.  Hopefully everyone is doing better now!

Alright, to the books.  I did a good bit of reading this month, but most of it was series reading.  Curse you, Amazon one-click buying...  I really don't have a favourite.  I enjoyed most of these this month!
What was your favourite read from this past month and what are your plans for New Year's Eve tonight?  I'll be at a country bar wishing I was on my couch with a fuzzy blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!