3.6.13

Book Review: Clash by Nicole Williams

Published September 1st, 2012
Self-Published
216 pages (ePub)
The only easy thing about Jude and Lucy’s relationship is their love for one another. Everything else is hard.

Especially when it comes to reigning in Jude’s trigger touch temper and Lucy’s increasing jealousy of Jude’s Spirit Sister on the cheer squad who’s attached herself to him in just about every way a girl could. Feeling the stress of trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy while becoming the foremost dancer in her class, Lucy knows something’s going to break. She wants both. She needs both. But if she doesn’t make a choice, she risks losing everything.
For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love might be the thing that just isn’t enough. (From Goodreads)
I'm sorry, but the best way to describe Clash is by calling it a "sophomore slump".  Here's an example of when one book is enough (my review of Crash, although I am now questioning what I was thinking when I wrote that...)

This book is 200 pages of fighting and trust issues, none of which was all that entertaining.  The other 16 pages was Jude being his crazy self (I don't recommend running through an airport in a hospital gown).  It felt like I was reading the same argument over and over again, in varying settings.

But here's the kicker... I still flew through it.  This was likely a combination of procrastination and expecting something to happen, but all that ended up happening was the procrastination.

I will give the cover some credit.  The ballerina in me loves it.  If only I felt the same about the book itself.  (Note: since writing this review, I was introduced to the new covers.  There goes that point...)

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!