27.6.13

The Death of Google Reader

Yes, this is that post where I inform you all that the demise of GFC is fast approaching.

For those of you confused, Google Friend Connect and Google Reader will be discontinued as of Monday, July 1st.

But how will we ever follow our favourite blogs, you say?!?!  Ah, you have options my friends.

Many bloggers have already discussed alternatives that you can choose.  I've tested out both Feedly and Bloglovin'.  Both have options that allow you to transfer all the blogs you follow via GFC over.  For now, I am sticking with Bloglovin'.  I actually really enjoy the site, and it is extremely straightforward to use.  You can track stats, scroll easily through your reading list, and discover new and exciting blogs!

All you have to do to follow Reading-AndCoffee on Bloglovin' is CLICK HERE, or there is always the widget available on the right side of your screen.  

***If there is another way to subscribe that you are interested in me perusing, leave a comment and I will definitely look into it for you!***

This has been my obligatory post on life after GFC, and I hope to see you all on the flipside.  *cheers**clinks glass of whatever you choose to drink*

Much love, Samantha

2 comments:

  1. Have you read somewhere that GFC is going away? I know Google Reader will be gone July 1st, but I don't think Google have ever said GFC is going away too. GFC feeds Google Reader and Blogger Reading List. After July 1, it'll just feed the Blogger Reading List; your GFC widgets will still be around, too. That's my understanding, anyway.

    I don't use either GFC or Google Reader, but I like to stay informed. So, if you know something I don't, please share, Samantha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually questioned this too as I was writing this post up. I didn't see anything *official* saying that GFC was leaving too, either. Now I can't say I did extensive research either. I ended up doing this post up anyways because it seems that many bloggers who are, in all honesty, more knowledgeable than me seem to believe that Reader and GFC are done.

      I also really do like Bloglovin' and wanted to mention it. I never liked Google Reader to begin with. My Google Reader never worked half the time to begin with.

      I hope you are right though. I think that a lot of he-said-she-said has been going on here. I just decided to take the safe route and promote a site that I really do like!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!