5.6.13

"Waiting On" Ink

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!

This week I am excited for...
I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.

On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.
Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.  (From Goodreads)
 Does this not sound awesome?!  The reviews seem mixed, but with a premise like this, I can't pass it up.  Plus, that cover is a thing of beauty!  Ink is out June 25th, 2013.  If you've given it a read already, let me know what you thought!

And what are you waiting on?!

Much love, Samantha

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one!! I'm really looking forward to Ink as well, not only because it has a SUPER PRETTY cover, but eeeps!! The premise is so darkly mysterious and it's set in Japan! Now I know I MUST read this one :D

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this the other day but I had to put it off since I had books I needed to read and review sooner. So far, so good though! It was the Japan setting that made me so excite for it! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this at BEA! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this before but it sounds good. See what I'm waiting on here.
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!