26.6.13

"Waiting On" This Song Will Save Your Life

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!



This week I am excited for...
Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.
Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together. (From Goodreads)
One, I love this cover.  Two, that's a solid synopsis.  Maybe it's just me, but I just got that feeling I got when I read It's Kind Of A Funny Story.  Third, music is fantastic so let's just pair it with books!  All that's missing is coffee.  Or wine.  Beer?  Okay, I'm off-topic.

This Song Will Save Your Life will be available September 17th, 2013.

What are you waiting on?

Much love, Samantha

2 comments:

  1. I'm also really excited to read this! I love the cover, and yeah, the synopsis is great. And I tend to love any books that have a lot of music in them.
    My WoW
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely excited for this one, too. It sounds so awesome. I love books that deal with music in someway. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!