19.9.12

Coffee Talk: School Life and Learning Balance

I've mentioned it a few times, but I am a nursing student.  I'm in my third year and begin my latest hospital placement today.  I'm actually petrified, and it's only orientation...

Blogging was something I took up over the summer.  This was the first time in about 5 years that I was employed and/or attending University.  The amount of time I had was a complete shock.

I've grown to love blogging, and being part of this community of readers and writers.  However, I'm trying to learn the art of balancing blogging with the rest of my life.

This is an actual photo of one of the piles beside my desk.
I'm going to break down my life a little bit here.  I spend around 13 hours per week in class, plus however much time it takes me to do my readings, lab prep, seminar prep, assignments, and study.  Add another 12 hours a week in placement.  That's a lot of time spent on just school.  I'm the type of person who is useless without sleep, so add that.  What about social time with friends and roommates?  Driving home to visit my family?

Up until this past spring, reading (for pleasure) was pretty much cut from my life.  Frankly, I lack the time.  Up until that same time, I was miserable.  Reading was one of my ways of escaping, and I had abandoned it.

Okay, my point is that I am not abandoning reading, or this blog, but that I am still trying to learn some balance.  Posts may become somewhat less frequent, and I'm trying to come up with some other cool stuff to do.

So, thanks to all of YOU!  You guys are amazing, and I'm glad to be part of this community! *Cue virtual group hug*

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!