25.9.12

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Haven't Finished


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

This week, the topic is...
Top Ten Series That I Haven't Finished


When I read, I tend to become attached to the characters.  Loving the characters is HUGE to me.  This is why I love a good series.  Sadly, some just don't work.  Others are good, and I just haven't made it back to them yet.
  1. Matched by Ally Condie: I really didn't enjoy book one, and have heard some not-so-fabulous things about book two, so don't expect me to finish this series anytime soon.
  2. Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: Book one struggled to hold my attention for it's 600 pages.  I'm going to have to be in a particular mood to attack book two.
  3. The Fallen by Lauren Kate: Never again.  Sorry, but no.
  4. Dark-Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon: Anyone know how many books are in this series?  Yeah, that's why I'm not finished it.  (FYI: there are almost 30, I think?)
  5. The Fallen Angels by J.R. Ward: I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood, but this series doesn't quite reach the same caliber.
  6. Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz: This series got old by book two.
  7. Unbound by Rachel Vincent: This is another series I am working on.  I'll get there.
  8. Warriors of Posidon by Alyssa Day: Again, I will finish this.
  9. Eternal Gaurdians by Elisabeth Naughton: I'm working on it...
  10. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White: Okay, I just need to read Endlessly, and I will soon.  Wait, did I say that already?
Much love, Samantha

7 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much with you on most of these. Some I haven't read yet, but Caster Chronicles, The Fallen, and Matched are all ones I'm not sure if I am going to finish. I'm super excited for White's Mind Games and I'm hoping to finish Paranormalcy before then. I have Supernaturally sitting on my TBR. It calls out to me every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One series that I started but can't seem to finish...not because I don't want to, but because I just don't have to the time to devote to it is A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series. I stopped in the middle of book two and decided I needed to let it go for a while (that was last year). But I WILL finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet tackled the Game of Thornes books yet, but the large books tend to be harder to finish too.

      Delete
  3. I actually liked 'Match', shockingly (I'm usually not into romance stories, but I thought the book was pretty balanced). I'm looking forward to reading book 2.

    I actually haven't heard of ANY of these other series. The one series I really need to finish, but haven't, is 'So You Want to be a Wizard' (by Diane Duane). The books are fantastic, but I've just had trouble finding the whole series through the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people have liked Matched. I just really couldn't stand it...

      Delete
  4. Our lists over lap so much! I totally agree on Blue Bloods, too. And "and have heard some not-so-fabulous things about book two," GUILTY AS CHARGED. I am going to do a ridic recap so that you can be ready for book three to find out how it ends without having to waste your time on book 2~ Crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa, deal! I will gladly skip book two. And I'm SO EXCITED to go read your list!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!