26.9.12

Road Trip Wednesday: September Favourite

It's Road Trip Wednesday, a "Blog Carnival" hosted by the lovely ladies over at YA Highway.  They pose a weekly reading/writing question, and through the comments, you can explore and find out everyone's take on the topic.

What was your favouite book you read in September?

Guys, I have a confession.  I only managed to finish two books this month.  Thank you, post-secondary education...

It's sad because I think I have about FIVE books on the go right now.  I never do that.  I'm pretty good at waiting until I'm done one to start the next.  You could say I'm in a rut...


Since I feel as if I have to choose, I'm picking Entwined by Elisabeth Naughton.  This is an adult paranormal romance with some Greek mythology incorporated.  While I wouldn't call it a favourite, I did enjoy the book, and look forward to continuing the series.   I do have a review of this book coming up soon, but you can check out my review of book one of the series, Marked.

So, I need some help guys.  What was your September favourite?  Any recommendations to help me out of this rut?

Much love, Samantha

9 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds interesting. Just read the blurb of Marked and I'm intrigued. Will check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh haven't heard of this one, sounds good though! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read a lot of urban fantasy and paranormal type stuff, and kind of wandered out of it. I have to really be in the mood for it. I would suggest my pick for the month, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It's getting a lot of attention now, but I think it's worth it! Here's my pick for September: http://www.agirlandherdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually ADORE this series by Elisabeth. I've read all of them and re-read some! I think she does a nice job being that this is an adult series :-)

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/09/road-trip-wednesday-best-book-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two books for both of us! I strongly recommend (as you know since you stopped by my blog) FALSE MEMORY by Dan Krokos and THIS IS NOT A TEST by Courtney Summers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last adult paranormal I read was, I think, THE SHINING by Stephen King. :) Interesting choice. I can only read one book at a time; I've tried more than one, but it's too much effort to keep up with more than one storyline, and I think it actually takes me twice as long to finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started getting away from adult paranormal once the Sookie Stackhouse books got so darkly ridiculous. Have you read Gail Carriger's Soulless series?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This might be the one to get me back into adult paranormal. I picked as my best book for September Huntley Fitzpatrick's MY LIFE NEXT DOOR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get more reading in next month. Maybe things will settle down some when the school year is in full swing.

    I'm with you on being stuck on books. That happens to me sometimes, where I just read half of book after book after book and can't manage to finish any of them.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!