30.7.12

Book Review: First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky

May 8th, 2012
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
198 pages (Hardcover)
Like his name, Gray is dark and stormy. Dylan, a girl always searching for what’s next, seemingly unable to settle down, is the exact opposite: full of light and life. On the outside, they seem like an unlikely couple. But looks can be deceiving and besides, opposites attract.

What starts as friendship, turns into admiration, respect and caring, until finally these two lone souls find they are truly in love with each other.

But staying in love is not as easy as falling in love. If Dylan and Gray want their love to last, they’re going to have to work at it. And learn that sometimes love means having to say you’re sorry. (From Goodreads)
 I would like to thank whatchYAreading for sending me an ARC copy of First Comes Love.

This story was a roller coaster experience for me.  Right off the bat (ha, if you've read it...), I was able to completely relate with Grey.  Just ask my personal therapist roommate, and she'll tell you about the many nights we've spent discussing the way I build walls around myself and refuse to let anyone in.

So, naturally, I was completely engrossed.  I just wanted Grey to be happy, and I feel like I may have changed a little bit right along with him.  Dylan inspired me too.

That is all I want to say about this book, because when something hits so close to home, it's truly hard to find the words to describe it.  I'm not very poetic either...

Much love, Samantha
P.S.  Sorry Grey, but former D'backs second baseman Kelly Johnson is now one of my beloved Blue Jays ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!