10.7.12

Top Ten Tuesday: Fictional Guys


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

And it's a Freebie Week, meaning I really had to syphon some creative juices!

This week, the topic is...
Top Ten Fictional Guys That Have Ruined Real Guys For Me

I am a hopeless romantic, so naturally I become quite attached to the fictional men in my life.  It's a problem. I'm working on it, which is difficult when a super-hot, amazing-in-every-way love interest is basically a requirement in YA novels.  And let's not get me started on those paranormal romances my mother keeps supplying me with.  Also, the YA Crush Tourney is on right now.  If you don't know what that is, click the link.

As some sort of therapy exercise, I'm going to list the best of the best.  But first...

Disclaimer #1:  This post is loaded with sarcasm.  Please don't take it too seriously.
Disclaimer #2: Some of my explainations contain hardcore spoilers.  Sorry, but I thought I would warn you.
  1. Dimitri Belikov (Vampire Academy): This one is a no brainer for me.  I think he was my first legit book crush, and has set a high standard.  And by high, I am referring to height.  6'7" seems a reasonable expectation for guys.  Okay, maybe they don't have to be quite that tall.  I am only 5'4" myself.  He's also badass, and Russian, and self-sacrificing, and badass, and likes to read, and badass.  Okay, I'm stopping now.
  2. Ash (The Iron Fey):  Uhm, he became a Knight for the girl he loved, prepared do die right along with her.  Then when she sent him away, he did the impossible and became human for her?!?!  How the f--k do you not swoon over that?!?!
  3. Tod Hudson (Soul Screamers):  Yes, I am a bandwagon fan.  I used to love Nash, until Kaylee started dating Tod and I came to my senses.  Don't get me wrong, I love Nash too, but the guy has a few issues to work out.  Tod is almost too perfect.  He'd give up his own afterlife for her.  Wait, I see a theme here...
  4. Tobias (Divergent): He's smart, can hold his own in a fight, stands up for what's right, and isn't afraid of a gun.  I think we could cause some serious mayhem together.
  5. Vishous (Black Dagger Brotherhood): Ain't a Top Ten Tuesday by Samantha without a BDB reference.  Frankly, any of the brothers could belong on this list.  They all give a new meaning to sex appeal.  But Vishous has tattoos and knows his baseball stats.  Although I would have to convert him to the Jays first.  Can't have him cheer for those division rival Red Sox.  Oh, I forgot to mention the Leather...
  6. Hunter (Midnight Breed): While his story has been my least favourite of the series, he, as a character, is my favourite (Niko is a very close second).  I have a problem where I just love assassins.  While I do not condone killing, there is something seriously sexy about a guy who can kill with his bare hands.
  7. Jace Lightwood/Herondale (The Mortal Instruments):  Dangerous!  Self-sacrificing!  Wow, this list really does have some reoccurring themes.  But let's all be honest here.  Jace's sarcasm and snark, that's hot.  He's full of himself, but still sensitive.  And speaking of Herondale's...
  8. Will Herondale (The Infernal Devices): He quotes Dickens!  And hates ducks!  And how self-sacrificing is he, with that curse and all?  Seriously kids, them Herondale's have good genes.
  9. Oliver (The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight): If you haven't read this book, you should, because Oliver is too amazing.  Guys should take a lesson from him.
  10. Aiden (The Covenant):  The most recent addition to my mental list of swoon-worthy guys is kind of a combonation of Jace and Dimitri.  He's practically torturing himself to protect Alex.  And he's tall, dark, and handsome.  If he doesn't belong on this list, I don't know who does.
Honourable Mention goes to Perry from Under The Never Sky.  Leather pants + rugged hunter = unf.

Much love, Samantha

24 comments:

  1. I would have been madly in love with Oliver from Statistical Probability had I read this book as an actual young adult. Fabulous.

    And what about the main male protagonist of Anna and the French Kiss? Another heartthrob.

    Here's my
    Top Ten Books on Happiness.
    Please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet, but it's on my TBR!

      Delete
  2. Hi Samantha, I 100% agree - JACE has ruined real guys for me!! Oh man...he is super hot and clever and funny. (Also in that category, Simon from City of Bones too. I love his sense of humor)

    I also blogged for this week's Top Ten Tuesday here:-Hope you stop by!! http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-books-youd-like-to-see-made.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, if I knew Jace and Simon in real life, I'd likely fall for Simon. But still, it's Jace, you gotta love him!

      Delete
  3. The only book I've read from your list is Divergent (I KNOW - shame!). I would add Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door to my list of boys. I would like it if my husband had an OUNCE of Cricket's style! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Lola and the Boy Next Door yet, but it's on my TBR!

      Delete
  4. OK... what is it with girls and tall guys? I've noticed this in fiction and in real life. 1) You see tall guys with short(er) girls more often than you see tall girls with short guys. 2) Despite how awkward it might seem for things like kissing and dancing cheek-to-cheek, they don't care and seem to have healthy relationships. Just one of those things, I suppose.

    For the record, my wife is only about 4 or 5 inches shorter than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I am so glad you pointed this one out! In all honesty, I don't know why. I'm very short, so it's not hard to be taller than me, but it just feels strange when a guy is shorter than me.

      Delete
  5. Word, Dimitri, Four and Oliver have TOTALLY almost ruined real guys. Like, okay, my boyfriend is pretty awesome, but I wouldn't mind if he was a badass Dhampir or suddenly woke up with a British accent.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, if that ever happens, let me know. I will likely die of jealousy and demand you bring me his brother. ;-)

      Delete
  6. LOL. I used to have a thing for tall guys too, then I wound up marrying a guy who was 5'10". Go figure :-)

    I think the problem is that guys in real life just don't have as many opportunities to be self-sacrificing. There's just a shortage of monsters and baddies to hurl themselves in front of.

    Thanks for stopping by my SYTYCD-inspired TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. We need a few more paranormal creatures to pop up.

      Delete
  7. yaaa Tod! But Ash!?! Geez, he is so boring compared to Puck's silliness. I feel like I am the only person on the planet on team Puck :-) Cute TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa, I've got nothing against Puck, but Ash?!?! Okay, you can have Puck, I'll take Ash, all will be good in the world. ;-)

      Delete
  8. HAHA! Tall guys are always good.
    Dimitri, Ash, Tobias, and Jace are all some of my favorites!

    Top Ten: Favorite Declarations of Love in YA

    ps: There might be quotes from your favorite guys in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I'm headed over to yours now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dimitri & Tobias *swoon* totally love those two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, what a topic! But I wouldn't mind dating a few of them, either. (Not at the same time! Though.. well.. hmmmmmm...)

    Patricia // My Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. V... oh yes. In fact any BDB member would be okay with me :P

    I've only read three from your list (BDB, Statistical Probability and Divergent) but I've definitely got the others on my to-read list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh yeah, I am totally with you when it comes to Dimitri ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a very fun post! I'm a hopeless romantic myself, so I understand where you are coming from. I am one of the lucky ones though that gets pretty darn close in real life to what there is in books, lol. My boyfriend reminds me of Sam from Incarnate, a very giving always there for me kind of person. If you want to add another swoon-worthy book boyfriend to this list, you should read Anna and the French Kiss if you haven't already! It's contemporary (which isn't what I normally read) and it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list Samantha. Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!