22.7.12

Coffee Talk #5: Clothes and Comfort

While running errands for my mom, I decided to stop at the mall and window shop.  Window shopping quickly turned into actual shopping, which turned into a crazy ordeal involving weird sizing but irresistible prices on neon tank tops.
Found on Tumblr

When I finally made it to the cashier, we had a lovely conversation about the versatility of colourful tank tops.  Then the conversation fell apart.  

I said something about wearing a lot of hoodies and tanks in the winter.

This was her response:
"Oh, well at least you dress nice in the summer."
Uhm, what?  I was wearing jeans, a tank, and a lace-backed cardigan.  But really, was that necessary to say?  I left the store wondering if I it was a compliment or an insult.

I am the type of person that will choose comfort or "fashionable" any day.  I don't think I dress bad, but I dress in a way that I am comfortable, which involves a lot of jeans, cardigans, sweaters and t-shirts.  When I am comfortable, I am my most confident.

How about you guys?  What makes you the most confident when it comes to clothing?

Much love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!