14.7.12

Book Review: Marked by Elisabeth Naughton

April 23rd, 2010
Love Spell
321 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
THERON—Dark haired, duty bound and deceptively deadly. He’s the leader of the Argonauts, an elite group of guardians that defends the immortal realm from threats of the Underworld.
From the moment he walked into the club, Casey knew this guy was different. Men like that just didn’t exist in real life—silky shoulder-length hair, chest impossibly broad, and a predatory manner that just screamed dark and dangerous. He was looking for something. Her.
She was the one. She had the mark. Casey had to die so his kind could live, and it was Theron’s duty to bring her in. But even as a 200-year-old descendent of Hercules, he wasn’t strong enough to resist the pull in her fathomless eyes, to tear himself away from the heat of her body.
As war with the Underworld nears, someone will have to make the ultimate sacrifice. (From Goodreads)
Woah.  Did I like this book?  Yes.  Yes, I did.

The plot of this book was well done.  It was complex enough to keep you guessing, but not so much so that it made your brain hurt.  Greek mythology is something I know very little about, so I have no idea how accurate parts of this book were, but, frankly, I don't care.  This worked perfectly for me.

The writing reminded me of J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood books, and Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series.  If you've been following me for a while, you may know I adore those books.

And can you say SEXUAL TENSION?!?!  The relationship between Casey and Theron was very well written.  This was most definitely an adult read.  So I'm just gonna throw a couple (not really) teasers in here...
"She just chose to omit the fact that fact that the idea of sex with him scared the crap out of her."
"You know what they say about Canadian men.  Everything's bigger up north."
I was really intrigued by Orpheus.  He only makes a breif appearance in this book, but I hope he gets his own book.

'Cause you know I will be reading the next three that have been released.

Much love, Samantha  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!