24.7.12

Top Ten Tuesday: Vivid Worlds


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

This week, the topic is...

Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings in Books


This post got a little rushed.  I forgot to write it in advance, which is what I usually do.  I'm spending today mini-roadtripping with my parents.  I had to go to the city where I attend school, and they decided like that sounded like a fun idea.
  1. Harry Potter by J.K Rowling (Note: I may have given up after the first couple books, way back in elementary school, but J.K Rowling definately did an amazing job creating her world.  Even I can't deny that.)
  2. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
  3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  4. 1984 by George Orwell
  5. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  6. Crank by Ellen Hopkins
  7. Lord of The Flies by William Golding
  8. A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown
  9. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  10. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
What's your favourite fictional world?  Leave me a comment so I can check out your top ten when I get home tonight!

Much love, Samantha

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Blood Red Road! My TBR list is just epic these days. I am happy to hear it is good world-building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I just found your blog and will definitely be following it from now on! Btw, I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award! I don't know if you do awards but if you want to accept and pass it on the instructions are on my blog: http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/
    :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also included Harry Potter on my list, as well as The Hunger Games. Here's my Top Ten Tuesday: http://thebookvoyage.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-most-vivid.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices all around! I have a bunch of these on my list today too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!