19.7.12

Book Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Published January 1st, 2012
Poppy/Little Brown
236 pages (Hardcover)
"Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?"  
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. 
Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.  
A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?  
Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. (From Goodreads)
This book has been on my TBR for ages!  Well, I finally got a copy!

Firstly, I love the cover.

Secondly, this book played out like a movie perfectly, in my head.

Thirdly, it's just a great read!

It's one of those books that gives you hope that, one day, you will find that someone.  As someone who has never been in an actual relationship (yes, that is embarrassing for me to admit), it's easy to lose hope.  But after you read something like this?  It kinda gave me butterflies.

It is also great on it's own.  I am the type of person that gets attached to characters, and loves a good trilogy or series. This book is a great stand-alone.  I was completely and utterly content with the ending, and not desperate for a sequel.

Therefore, I fully recommend this book.  It's quick read that will just give you hope for a better tomorrow.

Much love, Samantha

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it. great review!

    new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about reading this book and now that I've read this review, I might just read it! It sounds like a really great book. Great review:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! It's a quick, entertaining read!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!