25.7.12

Road Trip Wednesday: Reincarnation


It's Road Trip Wednesday, a "Blog Carnival" hosted by the lovely ladies over at YA Highway.  They pose a weekly reading/writing question, and through the comments, you can explore and find out everyone's take on the topic.

This weeks question was inspired by Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (which is currently on my TBR list!)...

If you could be reincarnated as any fictional character, who would it be?

Okay, so there are a couple ways to approach this.

If I could choose, I would be Rose from Vampire Academy or Isabelle from The Mortal Instruments.  It's no secret that I admire Rose, and the way she will stand up for what she believes in.  They are both fierce, bold, strong individuals and kind of badass.

However, if we took who I am now, and shoved me into a book, I would be a female version of Grey in First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky.  I am a 20 year old introvert who is seriously trying to figure out who she is.  I'm also really good at building walls around myself and not letting others in.  It takes a long time for me to open up and trust another person.  Grey and I have a lot in common.

Leave your answer below, or a link to your Road Trip Wednesday!  Until next week...

Much love, Samantha

11 comments:

  1. I think I kind of did a combo of who I'd want to be that's unlike me in some ways, and that's like me in others. There are certainly things I share with my choice, and things I don't share. An interesting approach, Samantha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were to be one of Cassandra Clare's characters, I might have to go with Tessa. The shape-shifting thing is cool, but so is having Jem and Will around. :)

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about Rose, but I haven't finished the series yet so I didn't want to go with her. Clare's characters have way too much drama in their lives for me to want to be them. Though Isabelle would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle is so awesome. I would love to be her or Simon (I think Simon and me would be good friends - we're both super sarcastic). Great choices. I haven't actually read The Vampire Diaires yet. I know I know......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't so much choose the character I'm already similar to as I did the character type I'd most like to emulate. So, mine's a little out there.

    I love it when I read a book and a character is easy to identify with. I haven't read the books you have, but I've heard a LOT about them. Strong characters are a great choice! I'm wondering if you might like Tiffany Aching from Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never read either of those books, but I love strong badass characters. I'll have to add them to my ever so long reading list.
    Great post thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was much younger, I always tried to be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. So I would have to go with that. Or a female in a John Green novel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also chose a strong, kick-ass heroine! I love those. Interesting though you also thought about who is similar like you, I didn't think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not read any of those books, but I'm thinking I need to! And Incarnate's been on my TBR for way too long. SO need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot about Rose! I would definitely want to be her because she is such a great character plus if Dimitri isn't much of an incentive than I don't know what is. I'd also want to be Sydney in the Bloodlines series, because she gets to be around Adrian, who I loved even though Rose didn't end up with him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these! @_@ Time to hit the library!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!