3.7.12

Top Ten Tuesday: Books for People Who Like X Author

Source

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies over at

This week, the topic is...
Top Ten Books For People Who Like...


Cassandra Clare.


Cassandra Clare is the author of the wonderfully amazing Mortal Instrument series and Infernal Devices trilogy.  Her novels create a magical world that I would love to live in, and mesh all the paranormal genres we love.  So if you like her books, I recommend...
  1. The Soul Screamers novels by Rachel Vincent: Mostly because it's another epic series, and because Nash/Kaylee/Tod kinda reminds me of Will/Tessa/Jem.
  2. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Forbidden romance that's very different from, but at the magnitude of Jace/Clary.
  3. Grave Mercy by Jessica Spotswood: There is no way that I am the only one that now has a thing for Victorian men, thanks to Will Herondale.  Grave Mercy isn't Victorian, but it's still got an old-world feel to it!
  4. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: Not for any particular reason other than I think the writing is similar.
  5. A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickins: Any fan of her work likely has a copy of this classic already.
  6. Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian: Hot men killing stuff!  Tegan is like Jace for grown-ups!  Note that this is book 3 in the series.
  7. Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward: More hot men killing stuff!  And Rhage is like Jace for grown-ups!  Trust that I can fit a BDB book into any list.  Note that this is book 2 in the series.
  8. Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward: HOT MEN KILLING STUFF!  And Tohr is like Will for grown-ups?  Okay, I am definitely pulling at strings now...
Okay, that's all I could come up with.  What is with all these hard topics?!?!  I like a challenge, but I am excited for a freebie next week...

Much love, Samantha

4 comments:

  1. Wow, eight is a lot to come up with! And all these titles sound amazing - I'm definitely going to try to check some of them out because I love Cassandra Clare's writing!
    You can find my TTT here:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/07/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been having the first in the Black Dagger Brotherhood sitting on my nightstand and haven't gotten to it yet. Ugh. I hate TBR piles. ~dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks. I love Cassandra Clare but haven't read any of the books you mentioned. Definitely gotta fix that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this was a tough one! I took the bench for this week's TTT :-). But just wanted to say, I am dying to read Under the Never Sky! Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I absolutely love reading them and responding!